Lessons in Love – The Gottman Seven Principles for Singles Workshop
Course Content Level: Introductory/Beginner
Learn everything you need to make your next romantic connection a lasting one. Improve your communication skills, learn how to effectively manage conflict, and gain essential tools to approach dating and relationship-building. Using renowned Gottman concepts proven to make relationships happy and successful, you will discover how to set the foundation for a healthy lifelong partnership.
This new workshop is designed to help singles learn the key to building successful relationships, all based on Dr. John Gottman’s New York Times bestseller, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Although originally written for married couples, the Seven Principles have become universal, helping romantic partners of all stages strengthen their connections. Straightforward yet profound, these principles teach proven methods to manage conflict, create common ground, and achieve greater levels of connection and intimacy.
This new 7-hour Zoom workshop is designed to help singles learn the key to building successful relationships.
In this singles workshop, you will learn…
- The happy couples secret weapon.
- How to become a better listener and communicator.
- The phases of relationships, true love, and how to approach dating.
- How to express your emotions, needs, goals, and dreams.
- Improved conflict management and how to move past repeat arguments.
- Ways to increase fondness and admiration in your relationship.
- How to apply the Seven Principles to dating and romantic partnerships.
This workshop is for single individuals looking to build a happy, healthy romantic relationship.
Individuals who are single or in various stages of dating will learn how to apply the Seven Principles to romantic connections, gaining essential skills to build their best relationship yet to come.
Stacy Hubbard is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Gottman Therapist and Master Trainer, as well as consultant for The Gottman Institute. She earned her Master’s degree in counseling with a focus in Marriage and Family Therapy from Portland State University in 2005. She passionately pursued training and certification in the method due to the immense benefits to the couples she worked with while using the method.
Dave Penner is a licensed clinical psychologist and was the Clinical Director of The Gottman Institute from 2005 to 2017. He is the author of the Leader’s Guide for Teaching the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, based on teaching John Gottman’s Seven Principles book to couples for over a decade. From these experiences, he co-developed the Seven Principles for Couples Leader Training Program and has led workshops training clinicians and lay leaders in the Gottman Method in North America, Australia, Europe, and Asia.
~ ALL TIMES ARE IN PACIFIC TIME ZONE ~
9:00 AM PST – 10:35 AM PST — Research and Principle 1: Love Maps
10:35 AM PST – 10:50 AM PST — Break
10:50 AM PST – 1:00 PM PST — Principle 2: Nurture Fondness and Principle 3:Turning Towards
9:00 AM PST – 10:35 AM PST — Principle 4: Accepting Influence and Principle 5: Learn to Solve your Solvable Problems
10:50 AM PST – 10:30 AM PST — Break
10:50 AM PST – 1:00 PM PST — Continue, and Principle 6: Overcome Gridlock and Principle 7: Shared Meaning, Rituals of Connection and Life Goals
1. Recognize, and build skills to encourage individuals to get to know your partner in a deep, profound way.
2. Describe qualities and interventions to build friendship and trust.
3. Demonstrate ways to recognize and respond to bids for emotional connection and accepting influence.
4. Give examples of understanding and working with both solvable and more difficult problems.
5. Explain getting through gridlocked conflict as a team.
6. Define creating a special “Story of Us.”
7. Give examples of maintaining relationship gains.
All registrations are final. A recording of the session will be available after the event to those who purchase prior. For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com. Evaluations and Certificates are available by email and online following course completion at www.ceuregistration.com. You must attend both days of training to receive a certificate. There is also a course evaluation available through the course material. There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
6.5 CEs provided through R. Cassidy for an additional fee. Only live attendance is CE eligible.